The Radiance of the Seas sailed southward towards Vancouver, our last port.


our monkey

The weather had once again become bright and sunny, and I noticed that we were being followed by some porpoises in the Inner Passage. Now and then tugboats would come by towing barges filled with freight containers and construction vehicles.

mag toast One of the extras we bought while sailing was another tour of the galley (kitchen) followed by brunch at Chops. The spaces were spotlessly clean, the employees helpful and friendly, and the meal delicious. It was the first time I tried and enjoyed caviar! They served gray caviar on a portion of potato salad and it wasn't fishy tasting.


Elevators on ship

Sometime during the last couple of days on the ship they had a 70s party. This was an evening of disco music in the Centrum at the middle of the ship. Just like the other ships we've sailed on the entertainment crew dressed up as the village people to add to the festivities. Everyone partied until about midnight when things started to quiet down.



Another couple we met, I think their names were Bill and Margaret, led everyone in line dancing. Bill actually taught dancing on the Royal Caribbean ships. Johny and Geri were good dancers and showed Maggie the way.

On June 26th we arrived in Vancouver, BC. We had one more excursion booked that would give us a bus tour through the city, stopping at a few points of interest, then drop us off at the airport.

mag & moose

The first stop was Stanley park, Vancouver's first and largest urban park. We parked near a display of totem poles that Maggie found interesting (me too).

Down the road there was a statue of what looks similar to a mermaid on a rock just like in Denmark. It's actually a bronze sculpture of a girl in a wet suit wearing flippers and a diving mask. Someone had placed a T-shirt on her depicting the Canadian women's soccer team, which was competing in the world's cup.

rick & moose

After the park we drove to the airport where we caught our flight to San Francisco. We arrived at one gate, and needed to catch the next one in an hour at a gate on the other side of the terminal!

We made our connections and walked in the door of the house about 3:30 in the morning. Our thanks to everyone we met for making this an unforgettable adventure.

Inside Passage, Alaska and

Vancouver, B.C.


inside passage


tugboat & barge


the Galley



Johnny, Maggie and Geri


Vancouver, B.C.

vancouver totems